Who We Are:
Daivergent (https://www.daivergent.com/) believes the 90% unemployment rate among the disability population is unacceptable. We have developed the world's first curriculum to help these job-seekers find work-from-home careers -- taught 100% online.
As a Remote Job Developer for Daivergent, you will play a crucial role in empowering our Vocational Rehabilitation customers with diverse backgrounds and abilities to achieve their job-seeking goals. Your responsibilities include teaching and modeling professional skills, facilitating mock interviews, and providing guidance on resume and cover letter creation, all through video conferencing. Ability to work independently and efficiently to secure employment for our customers is an absolute requirement.
You will be matched to clients based on your availability. Our clients are typically available between 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time), and you set your own schedule with when you want to work.
Daivergent is a mission-driven technology startup headquartered in NYC, and recently closed its seed round dedicated to expanding the number of students we teach. You will be part of a small team at a growing startup, working closely with our vocational program manager and technology teams to help us teach and improve upon our curriculum.
You should apply if:
- You’re looking to work somewhere tech-oriented and mission-oriented -- bonus if you’re excited by a company that will help people with autism and disabilities get the training they need to achieve their career aspirations
- You love teaching others and seeing them maximizing their potential, and know how to motivate people to achieve their goals
- You are excited about being part of a young company that is growing quickly with considerable potential for advancement
- You want to feel like your contributions aren’t just a cog in a machine, but actually have a direct, measurable social impact on overlooked populations
- Provide guidance and support to Vocational Rehabilitation clients, focusing on job-seeking skills and techniques.
- Utilize your extensive research skills to identify job leads and opportunities for clients, with a particular emphasis on remote work options.
- Collaborate with clients to develop effective job search plans and engage them in the process.
- Demonstrate expertise in using Applicant Tracking Systems, CRM, and online job search tools to streamline the job search process.
- Possess knowledge of a wide range of careers and job-seeking strategies to better assist clients.
- Manage a caseload of at least 10 different active job search profiles, surfacing a high volume of leads based on candidates' skills, and assisting individuals with the application process.
- Use video conferencing tools such as Zoom and MS Teams for client interactions and remote job-related activities.
Candidate Requirements (Must Haves):
One of the following educational requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of recruitment or project management experience with a focus on research and job lead identification.
- Knowledge of the United States job market and geography, especially in terms of remote work opportunities.
- Exceptional communication and record-keeping skills to effectively organize and disseminate job leads.
- At least 21 years old
- Strong familiarity with various Applicant Tracking Systems, CRM, and online job search tools.
- Legally authorized to work in the US, and physically located in the US
Successful Candidates Should Also Have:
- A sincere desire to support the disability community obtain competitive wage employment
- Patience for supporting students who may take more time to understand
- Creativity due to the sometimes dynamic curriculum that we teach
- An ability to improvise and “think on your feet”, and adjust your instruction accordingly depending on the responsiveness of your students
- Good energy and outgoing personality
- Strong positivity and ability to foster a non-judgmental environment- Readiness to embrace a “startup mindset”, and have some tech-savvy (we will help you learn this too!)
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Bonus payment for each completed class
- Pathway to become full-time, permanent employee
- 100% remote role from anywhere in the US
- Be at the forefront of enabling the neurodivergent community to obtain competitive wage employment